Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Six Acts rehearsal day 1

Good morning family and friends! Today begins the PQ for me even though the conference doesn't officially begin until Thursday. So for clarity's sake I am going to try explain the Six Acts project structure. The PQ sponsors the Scenofest which has a number of different workshops and performance / design related activities over the course of the PQ. The six acts project is a part of Scenofest and I am a part of Act 1 of 6. I hope that helps!

The performance that my group and I are creating is taking place in the Franciscan Garden. This place is so peaceful and serene, it is a perfect place to stage a performance. It is amazing to have such tranquility is such a busy place like downtown Prague. You never realize how much noise pollution we deal with in New York until you come to a city like this. Most of the streets are so small and historic that most if them are pedestrian only. It's so beautiful! Here's some pictures of the garden and believe me the pictures don't do the garden justice.


This image is from the main entrance from Narodni street.


This image is from the opposite side of the entrance.


This is a picture looking back at the monastery.

So it would be an entry if I didn't talk a little about food and my hotel! I had a Czech favorite last night at a pub in Old Town, fried cheese and potato salad. It was tasty! Here a picture for all my foodie peeps (Babycakes, Mr. Hoyt this picture is for you!)


Yummy!

My hotel room is cozy, it reminds me of a west village apartment, sloped ceilings and enough room to use the bathroom and sleep...lol! I have already met some great people and I haven't even met anyone from the PQ yet! It's been so much fun so far and it will only get better!

More to come...

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment