Sunday, June 5, 2011

Getting ready to go!

This past weekend I have been gearing up for my trip. I have been checking all my documentation, checking to make sure my hotels are booked properly and researching the conference and the city. So when I was checking on my hotel reservation it turned out that I did not book it correctly and there were no longer rooms at the hotel!....oh no!... So I had a brief freak out and then with advise from my lovely wife (tanya) I called booking.com whom I used to book the room and they helped me find a new hotel. They were really nice and extremely helpful, I suggest using them if you are in need of a hotel anywhere in the world.
Also, I was researching all the events that I would like to attend when I am at the conference. There are so many performances, workshops and films to see in the 2 weeks and I tried to narrow down to the ones that seem the most interesting to me. I'll post those things in a later blog. It's also pretty tough to figure out which things I want to go because I don't know my rehearsal schedule for the street theatre performance project that I am working on in the festival and I don't know when I will be participating in the USA student exhibit. It's kinda cool not knowing where I am, the language and what I am doing, I think that there is some freedom in that even though it could be scary....

More to come!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment