Friday, June 17, 2011

Conclusion of day 4

Well this day could been called: "Welcome to the garden part 2" or "Now that we are here see if it works." This project started as a walk, then a jog, now its full speed ahead and tomorrow will be a sprint to the opening of the show.
The day began with physical training of the actor. We played following, concentration and focus games for 2 hours in the studio. It was challenging and a whole lot of fun. The games were a lot like my collaboration classes in grad school. We played the games in the hardwood floor in bare feet and of course my precious feet have blisters on them now. I am usually in sneakers most of time. The training was very helpful in getting into the performing spirit. Once we were done at 12 we transported all of our puppets, costumes and scenery over to the garden. The PQ had rented a room in the garden for us to work in and use as dressing room and break area. As a side note, this experience has been masterfully organized. The management, the technicians and the volunteers have been amazing. It is nice for me to be on the performer side of the process. Usually, I am trying figure out all the logistics and it kinda feels like a vacation to be witnessing the td's and managers do their work and not be a part it!
When we arrived at the garden we took 45 minutes to get acquaint with the garden once more. This was cool because now we could visualize all of our work in the garden itself. Once we were finished we had the first meeting that began the epic sprint. Pavel gave us a list of all the items that we would use in the production. I had one of my creations make the performance, the monk costume. I'll have pictures of it soon. Not only did he select pieces he added multiples of the same pieces which meant a ton of more work. I stepped up and made the master list and I kind of became the stage manager of all the projects. Then my father, Bob walked into the garden! It was such a nice moment to see a fimilar face. After we began working in the new studio everytime something was done we brought it out into the garden for Pavel to work with us in the area that he had in mind. Keep in mind that the garden is full of people coming and going or sitting down for a rest in the tranquillity. This pattern repeated over the course of the whole day and the day lasted until 1230 Czech time. I was so busy that I hadn't even taken a picture. So at conclusion of the day we all have performed in at least one part of the performance. I am currently in 3 parts. The funniest part is none of us know when, where or how the performance is linked. That will come tomorrow I suppose and yes we perform tomorrow at 9pm local time...3pm for NYC. It's safe to say that this experience has been like no other and surely it is one that I will never forget. It may just be the beginning of something big.
The performance will recorded by my dad and I will attempt to post it on the blog.

More to come....

And by the way this is only part one of the experience. I have yet to be to the USA student exhibit of which I have a set design in. That part comes on Sunday and there will be lots if pictures!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment