Thursday, June 16, 2011

Conclusion of rehearsal day 2

Today many more paper costumes, sculptures, puppets and scenic elements were developed. Pavel, our director works for an organic space and he has been shaping the story of the garden around our creations. It has been so much fun. We have been working in groups bases on the designs that we have created as a group. Pavel selected 5 yesterday that we began working on when we arrived at the studio. One of the puppets that we built was a bird puppet that I designed. It was mildly successful and it was a lot of fun collaborating with everyone in my group. These are pictures of the morning session:





















The afternoon session was back to the drawing board to get a more in depth look at our discoveries in the garden. This session I created a monk drape and hood but I forgot to give someone my camera. If it makes the performance I'll no doubt get pictures of it on the blog. At any rate here's some pictures from my collaborators!












This image is of the opening ceremony for Scenofest.

It was a very full day and I am happy to report that I finally slept through the whole night. The transition 6 hours ahead was tough on me when it was time for sleep. Tomorrow we will continue making more paper objects for most of the day and tonight we will go to the garden to begin working with these objects.

The food has been pretty darn good! Last nights dinner I had potato crochets. They were tasty and the came in the shape of a whopper candy.



More to come...

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment