Friday, June 17, 2011

Conclusion of rehearsal day 3

Day 3 turned out to be the most fun I have had since I've been here. Rehearsal was so much fun. We began the day see the students who hadn't performed their pieces on day 2. They were very inventive and inspiring. Here is some of the pictures.












After the performances were complete, Pavels next director was to make simple masks out of paper bags or paper. It is incredible how he could transform a simple paper bag into a mask that had character and spirit. This started a long ride to the end to the first part of the day. We made and performed masks until 4 pm and then we took lunch. That's kima of a late lunch for guy like me...don't worry friends I didn't eat my foot...lol! Here's pictures of the work we created:



















That was just the afternoon rehearsal! The great part is we get an hour and a half for lunch here. So I took a nap after lunch...much needed! For the afternoon session we split up into 2 groups. One group to create songs and interesting music using only our voices and group two made percussion only out of paper. I joined group one cause I can still hold a tune and I felt like singing. It was totally fanastic and amazing. The talent of everyone in the group blew me away. I felt like this session helped bring us together and tighten the group synergy. I have some pictures of us recording and making percussion.







Thus performance in the garden is taking shape even though we as collaborators have no idea what the performance will be. We have been building, designing and performing elements of the performance that may or may not be a part of the performance. This afternoon we go the garden to begin playing with all of our ideas. I can't wait! I have really enjoyed working this way because it raises the stakes and makes it more exciting. Pictures should be fun for tomorrow entry.

As a side note: I have switched hotels today to join my father in his swanky hotel at the Marriott! Great WiFi here I come!

More to come...

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment