Monday, June 13, 2011

Made it!

I have landed in Prague right on time this morning! The flight was painless and smooth. I sat next to a very interesting woman named Karla who grew up in Prague to the age of 35 then left with her husband and two children in 1977. She now lives in LA after stints in NYC and Minneapolis. Her husband is an actor performing this week with an opera. It was fantastic to have had such a great opportunity to ask questions and talk about this amazing city. She talked about the iron curtain and a communist Prague which was so interesting and informing. It turns out that today is her birthday and it almost marks half her life in Czech and half in the states. She coached me on how to get out of the airport and the ins and outs of Prague. She also, invited myself and my fathers entourage to the show her husbands performing on June 21st which is our last full day in the city. All in all it was a great traveling experience.

So, after I picked up my bags at the baggage claim it was the simplest commute from the airport. I bought a bus ticket after I exchanged $30 in the airport. I hopped on the 119 bus to the subway which was the A train and poof I was in the heart of the city. I found my bearings and headed over to the hotel to have them hold my bags until check in. I headed over to the bank where I exchanged the rest of my American cash...good thing I read up on this because they did not accept one of bills because it had a little marker on it. When I took cash out in the states I was very particular with the banker about no writing on the bills. She thought I was a little nuts but it paided off because if I didn't read about the cash money exchange I might be a little broke.


See the little marker in corner, the bank would not accept that...note to Bob bring clean bills! Mom please remind him...lol!

Well, I am off for a walk over to the Franciscan Garden, then a nap!

More to come...

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment