Sunday, June 12, 2011

At the airport

Here we go! I made it through the security and all the airport confusion. This is my first time at JFK and it wasn't to bad navigating through the check in and security process. The delta employees were helpful and friendly. The only issues that I experienced was that awful traffic getting to the airport. Now, I totally understand when jerry seinfeld would holler about not driving on the van wyck. It's a total nightmare, thank you seinfeld for being right! Anyhow, I do have some mild anxiety about the airport and public transit in Prague. The good news is that I do not have any conference related plans for Monday. So I have no need to rush. The only plans are to check in to the hotel and walk until its time for sleep. I am so excited to be a part of this amazing experience! Thank you to all that have helped me reach this day.
Next entry will be when I arrive in Prague 10 am local time and 4 am NYC time. Hopefully I'll get some shut eye aboard the 8.5 hour flight.
Also, thank you Jeanette for the helpful food tips! Anyone who knows me, knows how much I like food! I can't even believe it myself but until you commented on the blog I hadn't even thought about the food. Those tips are a great starting point and my friend Stephaine raves about the fried cheese sandwiches. I mean who doesn't love fried cheese??

More to come....

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment