Wednesday, June 8, 2011

4 days till departure

Well as the weeks grew to days the information is now flowing and I am getting a better idea of my schedule at the PQ. We start rehearsal for the 6 acts project on Tuesday June 14 at 10. I am so excited to work with other artists from around the world. The six acts project is part of the scenofest. The scenofest is an off shoot from the entire PQ. There are different performance / design projects going on through out the city. For more info check out: http://scenofest.pq.cz/ for the basic information or check out www.scenefestexchange.com for daily info on what is happening in the scenofest. It's pretty cool! The piece that I am working on is based in the Francescan Garden which is in the heart of Prague. Our director is Pavel Stourac (you can read his bio in the six acts section of the scenofest website) and our media that we our using to tell the story of the garden will be paper. So far we have been collaborating via facebook. There are 28 people in our group and everyone has posting some amazing work. I am really looking forward to meeting and working with everyone. Basically, we conceive a narrative, collaborate, design, build, rehearse in 4 days! The show goes up Saturday June 18th at 9pm Czech time which translates to 3pm nyc time. Totally excited!! It should be very cool and I will be posting pictures and video over the course of the collaboration.

So in the days up to my flight its pack, friends wedding rehearsal, friends wedding, baby christening then off go JFK! So when packing this time I am not forgetting the most important thing for European travel:



Power converter! When tanya and I went to Spain on our honey moon we forgot this and all of our electronics died...not this time!

More to come....

posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris! I was meaning to suggest some foods to you, but never got a chance. This is some of the food I grew up with. Not horribly exciting, but these are the things I like. I hope you see this before you go!

    Try Svickova (pronounced sveech-kovah). It's like a beef stew. Very good!

    Pecena Kachna (pechenah kakh-na)- Roast duck. If you like duck, that is. My mom made awesome duck and I think it's the Czech way that she did it.

    Fruit dumplings - I don't know what the word is, but this is also something my mom made. Yes, it is a dinner! You can always ask in English and they will know what you mean.

    You'll get dumplings with everything; I always liked the bread dumplings myself.

    I think you'll love Prague. If you have any extra time, I highly suggest the Museum of Communism! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete